Have any of you who read my blog ever asked to be released from a calling or church responsibility?
I'm really having a hard time with mine, and I'm about ready to throw in the towel.
I don't know how to work constructively with the people I'm supposed to work with, and I end up frustrated and crying about it to Marty. Regularly.
5 comments:
I haven't, but here's my suggestion- counsel with the bishop about it. Let him know you're willing to serve, but the challenges of __ are a bit much right now, and ask what he recommends.
I agree with Emily, she gave you good advice. I felt very frustrated with a calling as Enrichment leader, fasted and prayed about it, considered it in the temple. The Relief Society Pres. asked for a meeting with her and me and her counselor. I told her that my answers had been not to quit but that I'd wanted to because it was so frustrating. I told her that repeatedly I'd been asked to plan something, take a survey, etc., which I'd do, and then hear an announcement that what I'd recommended had been thrown out, not by the Counselor, but by the President. I guess the final resolution was when I was released to become seminary teacher. But at least I felt better after I'd had the chance to express my frustrations, and I think the counselor did, as well.
Love, Mom xoxoxo
Yes, I have felt that way. I did speak with a bishop's counselor (the bishop was out of town). The issue wasn't completely resolved for a little bit, but I did feel better after expressing the specific frustration and how it was affecting me.
I have found a lot of guidance in frustrating callings when I went to the Lord for help. It really strengthened my testimony of my calling being from Him. After praying about it, I would definitely talk to the bishop if I still felt the need to be released! The Lord loves you and knows what's best for you. Your leaders may not be aware until you talk to them about what you need.
I agree with the previous comments. I have felt like it is not right for me to ask for a release, even though I have felt tempted to sometimes. However, I believe it is perfectly appropriate to make your priesthood leaders aware of your situation, your challenges and your frustrations in performing your calling. Recently when I felt frustrated and unsure whether I could truly fulfull my calling as expected, I spoke to the president, and very quickly felt better just to get things off my chest.
Post a Comment