I have another baby shower to go to in a couple weeks--this one is for a friend of mine who is pregnant with twin girls. So I made twin baby quilts--they are a lot a like, but not exactly alike. The squares are a mix of leftovers from other quilts and hand-me-down fabrics in my stash. The other side of each quilt was made from a pair of curtain panels. I even had a single piece of quilt batting in my stash that was perfectly sized for these. All in, each one took about 4 hours to make, with the binding easily being the part that took the longest.
The differences? The color of the binding and the yellow squares are different materials on the 2 quilts. And I think the arrangement of the blocks is a little different.
Oh, and they aren't really dirty.
Oh, and they aren't really dirty.

3 comments:
So cute, even if they are dirty! I love that you used curtain panels for the backing. Those embroidered flowers are so sweet. And, as always, I'm totally impressed with your piecing. Cause that totally scares me.
Nice work peanut! I love the circle of flowers. Was that part of the curtain, or did you embroider that?
Ree, the embroidered flowers are part of the curtains (and what drew me to those curtains in the first place).
Post a Comment