Back in January when Boss posted about making this for baby Emma-Clair, I added a chenille quilt to my list of projects to try someday. In August, Marty's Mom gave me the the mother-load of all stash builders--about 4 big plastic tubs of fabric and other assorted items (Thanks Mom!). Among the bounty was loads of flannel and a chenille cutter.
I layered 3 different flannels together (a pink, blue with pink flowers, and a generic baby-themed print with pastels). I paired that with this Hushabye by Tula Pink for Moda that I got on clearance. After a few days of sewing lots of (mostly) parallel lines, and then using the chenille cutter on the flannel layers, it was just about done. I bound it with the same flannel as the middle layer and washed it several times.
Then we started the quality control analysis--this mostly involved snuggling with it on the couch while watching TV. Marty gave it high marks (I asked him if he wanted to keep it, but it's a little too feminine for his tastes, I think). I really like the end result. Thanks for another great craft idea, Boss!

3 comments:
Ooh! I love that one too! Are you bringing crafty stuff to the beach house? Let's make stuff!
(on an unrelated note, I'm commenting from my iPhone so it's a little tricky to type, so at first I typed "pooh" above instead of "ooh.". Kinda wanted to leave it cause I'm immature like that, but your blanket does not look like pooh, so I thought that would be confusing.)
Yes, I think we should have some cratfy time at the beach house. I haven't told Marty, but I am already planning on bringing as much craft stuff as I can fit in the car. :)
That's beautiful!!
- Lori
Post a Comment