The picture isn't that great, but my first* holiday craft of the year is done. And just in time too!
You can't really tell from the picture, but each number square is a pocket. We haven't decided yet what to put in each pocket. Maybe this year it will just be a Christmas scripture or story each day, and we might ultimately combine that with a little nativity piece for each day. Or maybe we'll do something different each year.
*Oops, just realized that this isn't quite true. Razor's Christmas outfit was the first.
You can't really tell from the picture, but each number square is a pocket. We haven't decided yet what to put in each pocket. Maybe this year it will just be a Christmas scripture or story each day, and we might ultimately combine that with a little nativity piece for each day. Or maybe we'll do something different each year.
*Oops, just realized that this isn't quite true. Razor's Christmas outfit was the first.
2 comments:
OK, now that I can see the picture I can confirm my suspicions: it is awesome. I love it! Do you have any more of that fancy Christmas fabric? Cause I probably need one like it. If I trade you some of my stash can I have some of yours? Or what can I make for you to convince you to make one of those for me? Incidentally, I made the advent nativity thing I showed you. It was kind of a nightmare (so I hope that's not what you want!), but it turned out pretty cute. It's not numbered, so the whole countdown concept isn't really coming through though. Mostly Grace just wants to take it down and play with all the pieces every day. One day maybe I'll blog again and post pictures.
Boss, yes, I have more of the Christmas fabrics and would be happy to share and help you make one. My current crafting schedule is a little busy, what with Christmas gifts to make, but maybe I can get something started and then we can work on it at the beach house.
The one thing that I'm sort of running low on is the coordinating solids (I used green, red, and navy). I could probably dig deeper through my stash and come up with something, but if you have something that you think would work, bring it.
Post a Comment