The perfection of my pregnancy has apparently ended. At my last appointment I discovered that I (barely) failed my 1 hour glucose test, automatically qualifying me for the 3 hour test. And also I've crossed the line into anemia.
And then came the 3 hour glucose test...I got the call this week that even though I passed the fasting and the 1 hour portions, I failed (barely) the 2 and 3 hour portions. I have officially been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. My basic thought, considering how close I was to not failing the diagnostics, is that maybe if I stay away from thick orange flavored sugary drinks, I should be OK.
Today I met with the "Diabetes Educator". She gave me my glucometer and we talked about diet. I need to test my blood sugar each morning and 2 hours after each meal. Though I failed the Glucose Tolerance Tests, I'm acing my at home blood sugar tests. (Granted, it's only been 2 so far, but I'm still patting myself on the back for it). Here's hoping I keep up the good work.
1 comment:
I had gestational diabetes too. I'm glad you're doing so well with it. I did fine with controlling it with just diet. I hope it works out that way for you too! It just helped me be more healthy anyway.
Post a Comment