First off: yesterday's news. Marty has had a mole on his head that has been worrisome to me for quite a while now. Yesterday he had an appointment with a dermatologist, and--as I suspected they might--right then and there they removed it. They sent him home with a pain killer and antibiotic ointment. As I pressed for more information about what the doctor said, Marty told me, "He asked if I have good insurance." And we do, which is something I'm grateful for. Hopefully we don't have to use it, but I'm glad we have it in case we do. Anyway, although Marty has been a little sleepy (from the pain killer), he is doing well. We will find out more about the mole in a couple weeks. I'll keep you posted.
Today's news: I was browsing in a used book store and I came across the soundtrack for "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown!" For just $4.95 I made it mine. When I got home I started listening to it, but then skipped to the end to hear "Happiness." As I listened and sang along I couldn't help but think of the things that are "happiness" to me--some of them are listed in the song like two kinds of ice cream (my favorites: Peanut Butter Cup and Cinnamon Carmel Cashew Crunch), walking hand in hand, having sisters (and brothers), getting along, singing together. Other things that would make my list--blankets with yarns, Ferrero Rochers, family, Pogo, fires in the fireplace, Federal holidays, good health insurance, and roasted marshmallows.
And like Charlie Brown, I realized that a little piece of "happiness" (like finding a pencil) can make a day "not such a bad day afterall."
3 comments:
Dear Doctor,
I will christen your comments by agreeing that moles are worrysome and surpisingly draining to have removed. I must also applaud the link to sudoku. I was hooked with my first puzzle about a week ago. I hadn't found the site you are linked to yet.
Happiness creeps in without being planned when meals lead to interesting conversations with my children. My daily happy boost comes when my planned workout has left me exausted and a bit achey but with a great feeling of having accomplished something hard.
Here's my list of happy things: Lindor truffles, my feather pillow, when the flowers I plant bloom and bloom and keep blooming, and a good book to read.
What is it with husbands and suspicious looking moles? Mine had one on his back a few years ago. (I noticed it and described it to him, but I had to take digital video footage of it to convince him to have it checked out.) Anyway, testing revealed it to be abnormal but benign--as most of these things are. The thing about insurance is probably true, though. Having it removed (a quick in-patient procedure that only required two stitches) cost more than $1000. Our insurance covered it, but the hospital is a little confused and is still trying to bill us for it two years later. My point? Troubling moles=not happy. Your new blog=happy.
Nice blog Sonnet.
Happiness
... is walking hand in hand
... those who sing with you
... anyone and anything at all that's loved by you.
Post a Comment