The other day I found a job listing that seemed pretty good. I showed it to Marty and he agreed that I should apply. I noticed that on the company website there was a "Tips for your application" link. I checked it out, and it went on and on about the cover letter. So I put extra care into my cover letter, and as recommended, I scanned my transcripts into a pdf to send as well.
Last night I was ready to apply. I was a little surprised after all that about cover letters, that a cover letter wasn't part of the online system. So I looked back at the application tips, and it looked like those directions were specific to UK and European postings.
Oh well, on with the application. I submitted my resume, I answered the questions they asked, but there was one required field that stumped me. "Descriptive phrase" with this note "This will be prominently displayed before everything else when recruiters searching for candidates find your resume." In 35 characters or less.
I asked Marty. He thought about it a minute then said, "Hmm. I don't know. Can't help you with that one." And then he fell asleep. It was too late to start calling people for opinions, so I just went with the first thing that came to mind that was less than 35 characters--a nickname my friend Crazy Horse Lady gave me.
Descriptive phrase: aka "Tiny Dynamo Super Chick"
And I clicked submit. A few seconds later I got confirmation that my application was successfully sent.
3 comments:
Peanut, You are the bravest superhero I know! I am interested to hear how these people respond.
If you don't get an interview I'm pretty sure that's discrimination against superheroes. :)
That's great description! I would hire you superhero!
Post a Comment