Scene: Kitchen table at my friend B's house. There are about 8 of us women sitting around and chatting.
L [examining table cloth]: B, do you always use a table cloth? I like it.
B: Yes, I always use a table cloth, but this one is one of my nicer ones.
L [thinking of her 3 kids 4 and under]: It would never stay nice at my house.
B: This one might. It's all polyester, and totally easy to clean--everything comes out.
M: Yeah, these polyester ones are great. An oil stain might take some work to get out, but everything else is a breeze!
Sonnet [with images of refineries and motor oil dancing through her head]: Like petroleum?
4 comments:
OH MY GOSH I am laughing out loud, Peanut!!!! THANK YOU for the giggle!!!! You are funny. :o)
LOL! You are funny peanut! Thanks for being so silly!
I laughed quite a bit out loud as well. And anyway, who doesn't spill crude oil on their kitchen table every once and a while?
OK Wood what kind of science experiments are you doing on the kitchen table with crude oil? (Jessie was only allowed to use canola oil mixed with cocoa powder for her oil spills. She is going to feel gyped!)
Post a Comment