Friday, June 08, 2007

Local News

I don't watch the local news that often. Instead I tend to use the internet and radio as my news sources. But the other day I caught some of a local news broadcast.

The footage: Live feed of two burning houses with collapsed roofs, etc., surrounded by firetrucks.
The voice over: Fire crews are working on extinguishing the flames in two houses in Such-and-Such neighborhood that caught fire tonight. It's not clear at this time in which home the blaze started it, but it is clear that both houses are on fire.

2 comments:

MMA Lady said...

Who is the anchor man? Captain Obvious?

Taffy said...

I often feel that when there is live late breaking news the voice over is just to make sure there is not silence. They always talk and talk and talk without ever saying anything! Maybe they should just play music and ony talk when there is info to give. But then we couldn't laugh at Captain Obvious.