Last week I went to a seminar and won a door prize--$100 to spend on Amazon. Here's the catch, it has to be at least semi-science related. So I've been thinking about what I want, and I've come up with some ideas, but before I make my order I want to know what any of you out there reading this would get if it were you.
So, what science-related items would you spend $100 on?
11 comments:
I'm tempted to get "Jellybeans for Breakfast". I'm sure I can come up with some science justification for that. :)
ant farm. Don't know if they're available on amazon, but AJ got me one for my birthday and it is SO COOL. (But it's no where near $100)
telescope to take camping
I was going to suggest a telescope also.
How about one of these? http://bio-rad.cnpg.com/lsca/videos/ScientistsForBetterPCR/ If they're too pricey, I'd go with a telescope too.
Woodine, I LOVE that video! I first saw it a couple weeks ago and haven't gotten around to sharing it with everyone I know yet. So thanks! "PCR when you need to find out who the daddy is!"
Well, if you're asking me, I'd get a book all about the anatomy and care of cats for Eliza; a book about bugs for Molly; a book about dinosaurs for Aaron; a physics book for Scott; a book about marine life (especially sharks) for myself. But since your interests are likely vastly different from those of our family . . . I think the telescope sounds cool! That's an awesome thing to win! Can't wait to hear what you get.
Telescope. prisms, magnifying glasses. Was that a PCR kit in a box (sorry didn't follow the link)? That would be cool!) Insect collecting materials (nets/pins/envelopes/bug killer, etc.) One of those contraptions...sorry pregnant brain here...the balls suspended on strings...transfer of momentum type display (got it?) Let us know what you get! That;s an awesome prize.
ok, I followed Woodine's link, and I found that video highly entertaining, but I still didn't catch what PCR stands for.
PCR stands for Polymerase Chain Reaction. As indicated in the music video, it's useful for many applications. :)
PCR= Pretty Craptastically hilaRious
Post a Comment