Saturday, March 29, 2008

Fortune Cookies

The other evening Marty asked me to go to the store and pick up something for him. It was late, and I was tired, and I had a multitude of other excuses as to why I couldn't or shouldn't go and I would do it the next day.
He persisted.
Finally, I picked up a fortune cookie left on the counter from take out Chinese food we'd had a few nights earlier and said, "We'll see what the fortune cookie says."
So I broke open the cookie and read the fortune: "Don't put off until tomorrow that which you can accomplish today."
I went to the store just a few minutes later.

5 comments:

Daisy said...

Wow, maybe I should eat more Chinese food.

Like Mike said...

What was the lucky number it gave?

Peanut said...

I'm not sure what the lucky number was because I was so disgusted at it that I immediately wrinkled it up and threw it away. (Well, after I let Marty read it.)

Ree said...

Does Marty do any freelance writing for fortune cookie companies?

Anonymous said...

LOL! That is hilarious!

B