This post is primarily for my siblings. Of course, I'm not going to stop anyone else from reading it.
I found this website with a bunch of embroidery quilt kits. For those of you siblings who don't already have one (or one in the works) and would like one, check out the kits on this website. If you like any of them, let Mom know. Mom's master plan is to make one for each of us kids (assuming everyone wants one). I'm happy to help with putting them together, etc., but, of course, if you want to do that part, that's fine too.
8 comments:
Peanut, did you make both of the above quilts? They are just beautiful. I especially like the bottom one. You H-clanners are so talented!
That new one looks awesome! I love how the shades of green look together! Great work--now come out here and help me sew mine!
I'm impressed. I especially like the one with green, too. Ray is always using the grey blanket you made for him, by the way.
Yes, Mrs. Donut, I made both of the above quilts. Rather, Mom did the embroidery, and I put the blocks together into quilts. I really like the green one too. I think it turned out really well (I guess I forgot that I haven't posted pictures of it before).
Yael, I'm glad to hear that Ray uses the blanket I made for him.
So is it a full-size quilt? Sorry I am with all the comments! I love quilts AND embroidery! I can't do either, which is probably what explains my fascination. Also, my grandmother made beautiful quilts. She gave me the first quilt she ever made and I still use it. My mother has made a quilt for each of my babies when they were born. Maybe I should post pictures of my quilts! Even though I didn't make them; my contribution is only to enjoy them!
Both of the above quilts would probably fit in the classification of lap quilts.
I've been meaning to brag about the gorgeous embroidered quilt now hanging on the wall in Grace's room. (I got the green one, folks. Neener.) I've also been meaning to ask you if this quilt actually belongs to Grace, i.e. do I have to give it to her when she leaves the house, or can I just pretend it's mine and she's borrowing it for decorative purposes?
Boss, um, Grace isn't even two years old and you're already wondering about the ownership semantics of that quilt hanging on her wall and what should happen when Grace leaves home? You aren't sending her to toddler boarding school are you?
Post a Comment