Saturday, April 12, 2008

News

Lots of stuff going on here...
First, I'm changing jobs. Yep, in two weeks I'll no longer be a postdoc--I've been offfered a real job. I start the first week of May.

Second, we're buying a house. Thinking about buying quickly turned into making an offer and it getting accepted. Here's what it looks like.


It's all exciting and a little scary at the same time.

11 comments:

CAROLIONESS said...

Wow and awesome! Don't be scared, just be excited! The house is beautiful! So I'm guessing your new job is local. I love you!

Ree said...

Wow, that looks like a great place! Lots of changes all at once--be sure you get some sleep and exercise to balance out the stress. When do you close?

MMA Lady said...

That's all great news! Congratulations! Can't wait to see more pictures of the house and hear more about the job.

Anonymous said...

Is is on a cul-de-sac? Is your truck going to fit in the garage? Be sure to back it in to check - BEEP BEEP BEEP!

Nice house and congrats on both counts.

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you! (Are you staying in Raleigh first?)

Lady said...

Congrats on the REAL job and the house is beautiful with such green grass!!!

Scott and Megan said...

congrats! what a freaking exciting step! I love it! It is beautiful! way to go!

Daisy said...

I'm glad you won't have to move in and spend 30,000 making it livable. Just keep talking to that hubby when you start freaking out. :)

Anonymous said...

So very excited for you both!!! You've both worked so hard...enjoy. It looks awesome

Peanut said...

EMama, yes, I'll be in the Raleigh first, still. And that makes me happy too. :)
Plus, Marty was just talking about you guys yesterday and asking what you were up to and said that we should have you over for dinner once we get into the house.

Princess Gerty said...

Wow! It looks beautiful! I am so happy for you! What is your new job like?