Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What's cooking

Last night Marty and I went and saw Julie & Julia. It was fun, and cute, and I was inspired. So inspired that since then I've thought that I should spend some of my birthday money to go to my favorite kitchen-supplies outlet store and get one of the mortar and pestles that I've had my eye on. And maybe I need to get a copy of Mastering the Art of French Cooking too. Or at least see what Julia Child videos I can find at my local library.

Tonight on my way home from work, I stopped by the grocery store. I didn't buy a duck to debone and turn into "pate de canard en croute." I'm not ready for "Boeuf Bourguignon" either. As you can see, perhaps some of the Julia Child mojo has worn off. Or maybe it was a long, hard day at work.

On the bright side, the employee monitoring the self-checkout lanes complimented me on how well and efficiently I checked myself out.

4 comments:

Like Mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Like Mike said...

I guess you will have to show me how to use the self checkout lanes. I still cant find the mirror. :( Am I supposed to supply my own?

Boss said...

I've never managed to be fast or efficient in the self checkout lanes. Only slow and grumpy. (Which makes me pretty much identical to your average grocery check out clerk anyway. Or the ones at my Aldi anyway.)

Also, I'm suddenly hungry. And I just remembered I have microwave popcorn in the cupboard. Thanks!

Ree said...

I love the kroger specials too! But in hundreds of visits, I have never seen duck in their meat department.