Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A Book Report on Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit is this stupid book
About this stupid rabbit who steals
Vegetables from other peoples' gardens


One of the books for my book club this month was Life of Pi. It's one that I didn't really know much about before I read it, but even so had been on my mental reading list for awhile because I heard it was good. I read a good bit of it on my way up to Connecticut last week, and finished it while I was there*. And after I finished it I digested, chewed on it awile. This week I started it again from the beginning so I could pick up on things I might have missed the first time around. It's gotten me thinking about human-nature, animal instinct, God, religion, survival, life, and trials. I'm excited for my book club in a couple days because I want to hear what other people have to say about it.

So, go on. Get to your library. Check it out. Read it.

* Don't worry, I still had something to read on the way home. I read an abridged version of Les Miserables aloud to Marty as he drove. I'd also recommend this book.

The name of the rabbit was Peter.

...205, 206, 207!

4 comments:

MMA Lady said...

I will have to get that book. But I am laughing because I played Lucy in You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, and I remember singing that song! That one and, "Do you know something Schroeder? I've always wanted to marry a man who can play the piano!"

Peanut said...

I'm glad this post made you laugh. I finished it and thought, "I'm such a weirdo!" Oh well!

Boss said...

It made me laugh too. But a first I didn't get it, cause it's been a long time since I've seen YAGMCB. But lucky for me your link clued me in. I even looked up Life of Pi at my local library, but there weren't any copies in. When does your book club meet?

Peanut said...

My book club met last week, but we decided to only talk about the other book we were reading: Big Stone Gap. We put Life of Pi off until the end of this month--to let more people finish reading it.