Wednesday, August 16, 2006

More car troubles

Yesterday as I was driving home from work, the trip got bumpy quite suddenly. I looked in my rear view mirror in time to see the tread that that was no longer a part of my rear tire. I pulled over (incidentally, it was almost the same place where I ran out of gas). A nice man in the car behind me who had noticed my troubles also pulled over to make sure I was OK. And I was. But I called Marty to come help me out anyway. Before Marty got there, a Highway Patrolman also pulled over, flashing lights and all. He changed the tire for me. Unfortunately, my spare was a little flat. I tried to get air at a gas station kind of on my way home, but the air machine was out of order. So I drove home nice and slow, irritating the people in the cars behind me as I plugged along. I made it.

Today I took the other car to work. It seems to like me better.

4 comments:

Taffy said...

I'm glad you made it home safely. It's also nice to know there are so many knid people who are willing to help. (plus I know it's real late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Anonymous said...

Good call on taking the other car to work today. I'm glad to hear that there were plenty of nice folks to help you out. I HATE having to change a tire on the side of the road (and luckily have not had to do it very often). Now, go get that spare inflated!!! :)

Love,
Lori

P.S. - Happy belated birthday! I'm glad to see that you were properly spoiled!! :)

Ree said...

Please drive safely! Thank goodness for those nice helpful people. I have been taught how to change a tire on more than one occasion, but I would NOT want to prove my skills all by myself on the side of the highway!

Crazy Horse Lady said...

I think you need to upgrade to a pony! :) Their treads normally don't fall off!