Shana already posted about some of the things we did when I was there last weekend, but I wanted to add some of my own favorites...
On that half-mile walk home that seemed so long, I told Hunter that I remembered the day he was born and finding out that he was born. I also told him that I was his first baby-sitter when I watched him for a couple hours so that Shana could go to the temple. That was when he was maybe 10-14 days old. Shana added the detail of the fact that she even remembers what Hunter was wearing that day--and that it's an outfit they still have and that each of his brothers have worn as well.
Noah, Denver and I spent some time in the backyard making obstacle courses for each other--"run around those three trees, run up the slide, slide down the ladder, sit on each swing, a door will appear, go through the door, run behind the pee tree, and back here." Here's something about Razor, she's really good at walking on paths, and if I pick up the pace and run in such an environment, she's delighted and will follow my lead. However, while she enjoys running around in an open field, she has never seen any purpose for me to do so, and when I do, her response is to chase me, barking and nipping at my ankles (and she only does this to me). Anyway, that was an added obstacle for the courses that I ran, and Noah and Denver sure got a kick out of it. (And on the parts where I was on the playground equipment or otherwise inaccessable, she'd lie in wait to pounce on the next straight-away.
I loved how the boys laughed and laughed when I told them that I have a special blanket. I'm a grown up--grown-ups don't have special blankets--that's just silly!
Caleb wasn't real sure what to think of me at first. But I unknowingly took something to better my luck with him--silky pajama pants. There were a couple of times when he felt the silkiness and would begin his snugging and thumb-sucking process.
On the way home from church I told Mark that he sure has a cute wife and boys. Shana responded with "Sonnet, your brother's hot." And then I asked if she wanted me to see if he wanted to go out with her. The boys were a little confused at this back and forth at first. Then they got it--sort of.
When Sunday night came and I told Denver that Marty was on his way to their house, Denver was disappointed. Not that Denver had anything against Marty per se, but because his arrival meant I'd be leaving soon.
I had a real good time. It's always a pleasure being "Aunt Sonnet." I wish I could have similar weekends more often.
2 comments:
We love you SAS = Super Aunt Sonnet. Daddy-A
Sounds like a super fun trip. I'm glad you could go and have such a fun time.
Post a Comment