When I first got married I wasn't used to wearing rings. It took me awhile to get used to sleeping with my ring on. I'd wake up ringless and have vague recollections of hurling my ring across the room in the middle of the night. Eventually I stopped throwing it in the night and began putting it under my pillow, or even better, putting it in the windowsill.
I guess I've finally gotten used to sleeping with my ring on. Last night I went to bed with it on a chain around my neck (I'd put it there to work out and just left it). This morning at work I noticed that I was wearing my ring--on my finger. I was not wearing my necklace. My necklace is still MIA. It's not in the windowsill or under my pillow. I'm hoping I find it somewhere around my bed in the next couple days.
8 comments:
That is funny! I hope you find it soon. I'm glad you stopped throwing your ring across the room.
I have never slept with my ring on, but I often used to take it off and not remember where I put it. Now I just make the habit of, everytime I do the dishes or whatever, I put it (and my other rings, linked around my watch), into my kitchen windowsill. I've also begun to put other pieces of jewelry there, like earrings and stuff, whatever I might be wearing at the time. A theif would have a field day at my kitchen windowsill! What is still disturbing, though, as you said, is the taking it off sometimes and not even remembering it!
A little scary - what you might be doing during the night? What other things are you doing and forgetting?
I've had that same problem, only I don't have vague recollections of hurling my ring. I'd just find it in odd places (i.e. not my finger) in the morning. So I started taking it off on purpose before I go to bed.
I've never managed to remove a necklace in my sleep though. That sounds quite complicated. I'm impressed!
You are doing better than me. While I don't think I've thrown my rings across the room, I can not sleep with my rings on. My poblem, is that I often don't remember to put my rings bac on, so I go days without wearing them. Ah, well. At least I know I'm married!)
Found it! The necklace was in the laundry pile. And I was happy to see that I managed to undo the clasp in my sleep and not break it. :)
Wow. You are skilled with your hands even in your sleep! Glad you found it.
Funny! I started to laugh out loud, but since my kids are taking their math test right now, I covered it up with a little airy cough.
You know that if you don't sleep with your ring on the prongs will not wear out as fast as if you do. At least that is what I've been told.
I am very sorry to admit that I have never thrown my ring across the room, or have even woken up without it on. I was very surprised how quick I got used to it, b/c I'm not a ring person either.
Post a Comment