This is Cher. Marty adopted her a week ago. In the past week we've made quite a bit of progress in getting to know each other. She no longer hisses 85% of the time she sees me. And she doesn't run away and hide the other 15% of the time. She has actually become pretty playful with us (she's been jumping from one knee to the other as I type).Razor, however, hasn't fully adjusted to the new member of our family. Razor's still hoping that if she ignores Cher's existence long enough, Cher will go away for good. Cher on the other hand is trying to get to know Razor a little better. We'll see how the next couple of weeks go.

7 comments:
She's a cutie...hopefully she can win Razor over soon!
Cher is adorable! I am sure that she and Razor will be good friends in no time.
She is sooo cute! Love the name :) I'm glad to know that my kitty isn't the only one that Razor ignores. I'm sure Razor will come around eventually...no cat can meet the great standards of Cappy (in Razor's view), but eventually Razor will realize it's more fun to play with (rather than ignore) the new addition. :)
Love,
Lori
Poor Razor, it's tough when there is a new baby in the house! But I bet she'll warm up to cute little Cher, soon. Was Cher always friendly toward Marty?
I like that kitty.
Ree--she wasn't exactly always friendly toward Marty, but she's always liked him best. The first couple of days her preference was to sit in the darkest corner of Marty's closet and not have anyone disturb her. She spends a fair amount of time in our bedroom now as well, and last night she was doing "mad road dashes" out of the bedroom door.
Did you talk to Razor about the new addition before you brought her home? Maybe she just wasn't totally prepared and if you tell her that there's enough love for TWO kitties in her heart she'll be okay. :)
Post a Comment