Monday, February 18, 2008

Busybody Peanut

I remember Busybody Nora when I was a kid. I liked it a lot. Truthfully, I don't remember much about it right now. But that's where I first learned the word "busybody."

Normally, I wouldn't describe myself as a busybody. Razor--yes. Me--no. Afterall, it's Razor(with Cher's assistance) who keeps tabs on the comings and goings of our neighbors. And Razor who dutifully monitors the activity in our backyard, barking at squirrels, birds, and passing cars as she sees fit.

This morning, however, I did kind of a busybody thing.

It started Friday night, when I got home from work. The front door of the townhome 2 units down was open. This was surprising because that unit has been vacant and available for rent almost since we've lived here. My first thought was, "Oh, look, new neighbors." As I pulled up, they were leaving. I haven't seen them since. Nor have I seen any indication of someone moving. And the "FOR RENT" sign is still in place outside the door.

I'm sure there's a perfectly good explanation for it all, but this morning, just in case, I called the property managers. Busybody.

4 comments:

Pooka said...

So what did they say?????? DON'T LEAVE US HANGING!!!!!

Fellow busybody.

Peanut said...

They told me they'd check on it. And I forgot to make them promise to let me know...

Taffy said...

That's just called neighborhood watch! When a house is vacant so long it's good to keep tabs on it a bit.

MMA Lady said...

Well, now you have to call them back and find out what it was! I would have done the same thing. You just can not be too careful.