Saturday, September 13, 2008

8:02 am

For the past 4 mornings at 8:02am, the phone has rung.
On Wednesday, I answered.
Recorded voice: "Hello. I have an important message for Carla J. Slooperson* regarding your Chase Mastercard^ account."
I hung up.
Thursday, same thing.
Friday, Marty answered and tried to use the phone system to talk to someone and let them know that their contact number for Carla J. Slooperson was incorrect. He had all kinds of options--hear Carla's balance, find out minimum payment due, get a payment address, make a payment, order a pizza, send flowers, but not talk to a person.
He managed to get a customer service phone number to call. Once he got a person on the line he explained that we don't have an account with them, but they keep calling us trying to reach Carla J. Slooperson--We don't know her, she doesn't live here, please stop calling.
I laughed as I heard Marty exclaim, "No, I won't give you my social security number! I don't have an account with you. What's your social security number?"
After a few more minutes Marty hung up the phone, doubtful that his call had accomplished anything.
This morning at 8:02 am, sure enough, the phone rang. I answered and was surprised to hear an actual person on the other end. Yes, still asking for Carla J. Slooperson.
I told him that he had the wrong number and could they please stop using that number to try to reach her.
He hung up.
I'm not sure if that means they won't be calling back tomorrow morning.



* Not her real name.
^ Might possibly have been some other bank and some other credit card, but you get the idea.

3 comments:

Like Mike said...

Now I know when I can call and get someone to answer!!!

yael said...

I like the names you make up. :)

Emily said...

I can hear Marty asking for the other person's social security number and I am laughing again! He is so funny! I miss you guys!