Thursday, September 04, 2008

The Outer Banks

Last weekend we went out to the Outer Banks with Marty's parents. We moved to North Carolina three years ago, and this was our first trip out there. We definitely won't be waiting another three years to go again. Anyone want to join us?


We went to the Wright Brothers National Memorial where we saw a replica of the Wright brothers' 1903 plane, walked the path of the markers of their take off point and landing points of their first four successful, controlled, powered flights. And then we decided to become astronauts!


Of course we spent some time at the beach. But I think the biggest highlight was seeing some of North Carolina's lighthouses.

Bodie Island Lighthouse

Cape Hatteras Lighthouse

The view from the top of Cape Hatteras Lighthouse

4 comments:

MMA Lady said...

Wow, that looks like a great trip! How fun. Yes, I want to go with you next time! Can I????

Anonymous said...

wHAT A GREAT IDEA! I'm sure we'd love it. Hope that the winds and rains coming with that hurricane aren't causing you trouble. Mom

Ree said...

Marty, are you hiding? I didn't see you in the pics. Looks like a fun trip.

Unknown said...

We're in! Never been, either.