Saturday, September 20, 2008

Geek Squad to the Rescue

Tonight Marty and I had dinner with some friends of ours at a new restaurant by the mall. After dinner Marty and I browsed the nearby Barnes and Noble. And then we continued on to Best Buy.

I got bored after a little while and told Marty I was going to check out the movie section--a part of the store I find much more interesting than most of that other stuff.

After several minutes I had a movie in my hands and I decided it was time to check on Marty. I walked to the end of the movie aisle and craned my neck to see if I could spot Marty on the other side of the store.

Three Best Buy associates saw me and one inquired, "Can I help you find something?"

"No, I'm just waiting for my husband."

Associate #1: "We hear that a lot."

Associate #2: "Have you looked in TVs?"

"Hmm. TVs. That's an idea.....though we recently updated our computer."

Associate #3 (with conviction of experience): "He must be in games."

Sure enough, that's where he was. That Geek Squad--they know their stuff!

3 comments:

Emily said...

That is impressive! I got a clear mental picture of this experience and I am laughing! Thanks for sharing that funny story.

Boss said...

Funny! I've lost my husband in Best Buy many times, but I've never run in to Geek Squad guys quite so helpful.

John said...

That's a good place to be...