A theme that occurs in my dreams on a fairly regular basis is that I have a misunderstanding with someone in the family and it blows up and everyone is mad at me. But the misunderstandings that get it all started can be really strange sometimes. For example, last night's dream--
Boss and Coach were upset with me for two main reasons: 1) I was in bed when Boss and her fellow med students arrived to have a study group in my closet, and 2) I wasn't supportive of Coach's acting career and I kept pointing out flaws in all of Coach's head shots.
Dream Boss and Coach were very mad at me and my dream-self. And for good reason, clearly.
And on the topic of misunderstandings... Let's talk about Bon Jovi.
Specifically, Livin' on a Prayer
Back in the 80's when this song was all the rage on the radio, I thought it was so cool. But I also thought it was "Livin' on a Prair" as in short for "prairie" as in Little House on the Prairie. I knew I really liked, Little House, and clearly so did Bon Jovi.
When I hear Livin' on a Prayer these days, I still think about Laura Ingalls Wilder.
6 comments:
I think I missed what you were saying at first - I think what you meant was that a dream-theme that occurs regularly, because I couldn't think of recurring problems with everyone in the family being mad at you. But the recurring dream thing, I'm very familiar with. I'm not having that one that we've moved and are living in a different house or looking for another house that I've had over the years, but I am having the unpreparedness dreams. I thought I'd chased them away when I started reading the scriptures diligently every morning, but I have had two more recently. So I still have to figure out what it is that I'm not prepared for and get to work preparing. Love you, Mom
Yes, mom, you were right, I missed a word. A dream theme.
Thanks for reminding me why I was so mad at you. I woke up this morning and almost couldn't remember.
lol! So BOSS was a med student, and COACH was an actor?!
I know I have misinterpreted plenty of lyrics before, but that is definately an interesting take on BonJovi!
Don't feel bad, peanut. I'm sure you were really just trying to help coach in his acting career. But I'm don't think a little closet space is too much to ask. Oh well.
I had a dream I had a baby last week. Don't worry; labor was very easy. I just couldn't keep track of my baby after that...
On lyrics, I think if the writer could make something up, you're just as entitled to do so.
You crack me up! I just have dreams about going to school...
Post a Comment