We just don't seem to fit, or rather, I don't seem to fit. (See schematic.)

Marty's big. I understand that he needs more bed space than I do. And Razor insists on being in the middle. And for some reason the space left for me always seems to leave me half off.
The other night Marty rolled over (toward my side). So Razor adjusted. But this left me with approximately 2 inches. I declared my dissatisfaction and demanded more bed. It was the middle of the night. I'd just been awakened by nearly getting pushed off the bed, so I may have come off as a little cranky. But I did end up with more space--mission accomplished.
A few hours later I was doing some tossing and turning of my own.
-->>BAM!<<--
"What's wrong?!? First you yell at me, now you're punching me!?" I had swung my arm and elbowed Marty in the eye.
Oops. Sorry.
See? Our bed is too small.
*************************
In the interest of full disclosure, I will tell you that Marty objects to the above schematic, not because he doesn't like my smashing representation of us in our pajamas, but because he claims that a more accurate picture would show him half off his side of the bed with Razor sprawled out over the entire thing.
14 comments:
So, your mission is to teach Razor to sleep in HIS OWN BED. Who is in charge here anyway? Good luck! Daddy-O
I like that your p.j.s consist of a skirt (obviously complete with a hoop/petticoat of some sort) and blouse.
Yeah..I'm slightly concerned about your sleeping attire. Maybe if you weren't wearing a hoop skirt, you'd fit onto the bed more easily. I'd suggest investing in Marty's PJ style, but you can keep your polkas. :)
First I'd like to observe that your schematic must be accurate as Marty's head and feet are extended off the bed. (Keith has the same problem) Next I must say that I fully agree with the previous comments in that 1. Razor needs her own bed and 2. If you ditched the hoop skirt there would probably be more room. (Amy and Sue your comments made me laugh so hard I cried.)
Peanut -- your family is VERY smart. Use their advice and ditch the hoop skirt AND get Razor her own bed. :) I also like the stylish flip you do your hair in to go to bed.
Christina
PS I'm glad you didn't sleep in that get-up when you were my roommate, you would have scared me.
I have those same pj's sonnet! we must be twins!
That's a scarey image John! I love the schematic Sonnet! That's how we are recently, except it's the baby, Katie, not a dog that gets most of the bed (and gets the sweatiest, too!)
Good luck getting sleep!
Amen to all previous comments. I am presently in SEP's waiting for my next student and their parent to come chat with me. And I have to becareful to not look like I'm having too much fun, sitting by myself with my computer infront of me. But boy, is my family FUUUNNY!!!
Sonnet, why didn't you tell me that you had a hoop skirt?! And when did start dressing UP to go to bed? What happened to all those times we'd make fun of women on tv shows with inches of makeup on and their hair done up for bed?!
Razor is old enough, and obviously BIG enough to have her own bed. Come on Sonnet, you can be a mean, tough mommy, or you will never be in the running for the mean mommy award.
Peanut -- Don't be afraid to be tough with Razor, we're all here to support you. There comes a time when all children must leave the nest.
Christina
Mark and I finally got a king--since the kids weren't going anywhere soon and we were having the exact same problem--and cuz we got a new bed thanks to our warranty. Now my only complaint is that I never see Mark--he sleeps like a mile and a half away on the other side of the bed. But Mark hasn't punched me in the eye for almost eight years now--so maybe you'll at least outgrow that part since I don't imagine any of you shrinking and fixing the other problem any time soon.
Oooo... I love king size beds. Reminds me of the marshmallow pillow bed. Yeah, we need a bigger bed too, but more importantly we need bigger COVERS. Boss has way of, well, waiting until I'm asleep to leave me completely exposed to the harsh elements.
Lies! Lies! I can't steal the covers cause you always steal them first!
Also, Sonnet, I'm on board with the recommendation to move up to a king sized bed. Cause all that nonsense about kicking Razor out bed--that's just crazy talk.
It's true. Even if Razor had her own bed, she'd never use it. I know I don't. (Use Razor's bed, that is. I don't use my bed either, for that matter. Why should I, when the Coach and Boss's bed is so plush and marshmallow-y?)
Wowsers! I got a lot of comments to respond to. OK, technically speaking I don't wear a hoop skirt to bed. But I thought it would be the cutest thing to wear when we modeled for this portrait.
Plus, Boss, remember when you used to laugh and laugh about my morning hair and you said you would tell boys that they should marry me if only to see that?
Razor actually does have other options on where she might sleep, but none of those are acceptable to her. We kind of imagine that once we have kids who have their own "big kid beds" that Razor might ditch us for them. Until then I think we could get her all the plush puppy beds in the world, and it wouldn't make any difference on where she sleeps.
Boss and Coach--Marty and I have dealt with that same covers problem and our solution is that we each get our own set of covers.
I like the idea of a king size bed... :) (somehow we managed to fit in a tent this weekend that is smaller than our bed. hmmm.)
Post a Comment