I’m not really sure, but I think that Razor may be spending part of the day while she’s home alone reading my blog. This is surprising to me for a number of reasons. 1) I didn’t think she knew how to read. 2) The computer has never really interested her, at least while we are home. 3) She has never left any comments. 4) I was pretty sure she spent the entire day sleeping.
But I really think she must have read this post in particular. Because a few nights ago she decided to sleep on the edge of the bed instead of between Marty and I. This sort of worked, except then she was the one falling off the bed in the night. And then she’d cry until I woke up enough to invite her back on the bed (I trained her to not get on furniture unless she’s invited, and she’s translated that to the bed too). The next night, again, she was sleeping on the outside—until I got too hot and crowded in the middle and left the bed for the couch. Razor followed me to the couch and slept at my feet (she is afterall a Mama's girl). But the next night, that was good. That night, she slept at my feet in bed (see schematic, also, notice my new pjs). And all three of us had plenty of room and no one fell off!
Clearly, she read my blog and was using her little doggie problem solving skills to help Mama sleep at night.

9 comments:
I really think it was the new pj's that solved all your problems. However, it seems that your family has lots of genius dogs in it (namely Malcom) so I wouldn't be surprised if Razor did read the post and fixed the problem. You ought to let Razor blog, too.
They all rolled over and one fell out ....
Hey peanut~
That is not exactly true that Razor showed no interest in the computer... remember that one time Razor and Cappy found X rated material on your computer???
C
True, I'd forgotten about that. I think that can clearly be explained by Cappy being a bad influence on my dog. :)
Congratulations on your good nights sleep. And on having such a smart dog. I hope you have net nanny installed to make sure Mamma approves of all of Razor's online activities. You can't be too careful with teenagers these days.
I'm gald your smart dog figured out the perfect solution to your bedtime blues! And your new pj's look absolutely fabulous!
I like your dog. And I agree with Amy. You should let her blog.
Also, I like your jammies.
Good job Razor!
I think Isaak should learn from your dog how three humans might fit in one bed. That would be great. I love Isaak, but sometimes I also want to sleep in without moving to the couch.
Post a Comment