We’ve been pretty busy lately.
It's been the best of times and the worst of times…. Marty is still recovering wonderfully. Last week he got his jaw unwired (Hooray!), but that ice cream cone will still have to wait awhile (Boohoo!). One of the nurses who worked with him last week had been a part of his surgical team when he first entered the hospital. She was amazed at how good he is looking and how much progress he’s made.
We spent much of today in the hospital for a procedure. We hoped it would be easy and no big deal. And that’s what it was supposed to be. But, oh, the pain! It made us both cry. I wish I could take all of his pain away. Marty’s been reading Harry Potter books lately. I wish I knew a magical spell that I could use to heal Marty. But it takes time. One thing I can do is pray. So that’s what I do. I know that we both have been blessed tremendously so far. (Thank you all for your prayers too!)
Here’s a funny story. The other night I popped some popcorn for me to munch on during a movie. But I haven’t learned how to make a batch of popcorn that’s the right size for just me to eat, so I had a lot left when I was done. Later as we were all in bed for the night I noticed that Razor started moving around. I thought she was going to snuggle in closer or ask to get under the covers, but instead I heard her plop off the bed. A few minutes later I heard some noises that let me know exactly what she was up to. Eating popcorn! The funniest thing was that when I went to the living room and caught her she tried to look all innocent. Sure she had a little pile of popcorn at her feet incriminating her, but she left the bowl on the coffee table looking untouched! Little Stinker.
5 comments:
I am really sorry there was so much pain involved in the procedure today. I have been meaning to write to let you know that we are still thinking of you and praying for you both daily. Please know that we are, even though I forget to tell you. And that little Razor . . . You know what? She reminds me of Noodle! I would fear to see what might transpire, if we were to get those two together! All sorts of (funny) trouble!
Marty has made so much progress to be thankful for. I hope the pain is decreasing gradually as well. We still pray for you both. Enjoy popcorn and Harry Potter!
I, as well, continue to pray for you. I cry at your pain and rejoice in your recovery. I love you. (Also, did you see another eye doctor? Keith is still willing to give you advice. Let me know if you need his number again.)
LOL! I'm glad you have a little stinker to help you keep your sense of humor!
I'm sorry there is still so much pain..I hope the babysteps and milestones are more than making up for the pain. We continue to pray for you and Marty. We love you guys!
We put your names on the prayer roll again, and we will continue to pray for you guys. I am so grateful to hear of your miracles!
Post a Comment