Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair...
I think I was about 10 when I first heard these words being quoted and talked about by my older siblings. I remember thinking that it all sounded rather ridiculous--how could it be the best of times and also be the worst of times, etc? What foolishness!

But now I get it.

This year has probably been the hardest of my life. And at the same time there's so much to be thankful for--to list a few: the miracles that I've witnessed, those who have been my support, my knowledge that I have a Heavenly Father who knows and loves me as an individual and a Savior who understands and can heal my pains.

So this year Thanksgiving has been especially meaningful to me.

Thanks for putting my thoughts so well, Mr. Dickens.

2 comments:

Ree said...

There is something about opposition that makes you notice the silver lining around the dark clouds. Your faith and optimism through your challenges are inspiring, Peanut.

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine what this year has been like for you... my thoughts are with you constantly. Life can hold the hardest experiences. I am so grateful for your faith and God's care and watchful eye over you during all of it. I know He is always there for us even in the times we feel alone. Keep the faith strong...