Saturday, September 29, 2007

Overachievers Anonymous

This morning I took the LSAT. So that I can see just how many different types of graduate degree programs I can get accepted into.

The instructions said "arrive no later than 8:30 am." At about 7:45 I was seated comfortably in a chair waiting for the excitement to begin. After a minute "Chris" sat in a chair nearby and we struck up a conversation. He recognized me as an LSAT taker by the tell-tale Zip-Lock bag with snack, pencils, erasers, etc.

At 7:57 a flood of other LSAT-takers entered the building. At which point Chris asked, "8:30 is check-in, right?"

I chuckled and said, "Yeah. But this is the LSAT, and with this group of overachievers, 8:30 apparently means 8:00 or earlier."

1:45 pm. The LSAT is done. Time to go home. I feel pretty good about it. I'll find out for sure in a few weeks. In the mean time, the magic 8 ball at the coffee shop yesterday told me that it was "Highly Likely" that I'd do well.

6 comments:

CAROLIONESS said...

You funny girl! I'm sure you did well. Too bad your LSAT wasn't like my real estate licensing exam. I found out how well I did right after taking the test, but they don't tell you your score. Only pass or fail.

Ree said...

Peanut, we know you! We all know you did well, even without a hint from a magic 8 ball!

Anonymous said...

can't wait to hear how great you did! hope all else is going well too.

Boss said...

Of course you did well. Those magic 8 balls never lie. And even more reliably, you always do well. But let this be a lesson to you: lawyers (and future lawyers, apparently) are nerdy, what with their excessively early arrivals and all.

Princess Gerty said...

Pre-Lawyers are just getting ready for real life in the court room. You arrive early because you don't want the judge yelling at you, but usually end up waiting quite a while for the action to begin.

Princess Gerty said...

PS way to go on taking the LSAT. I can't wait to hear how fantastic your score is!