Monday, March 06, 2006

Lucy


Late last week I responded to an ad on craigslist about a dog needing to find a new home. The dog’s foster mom called and we arranged to meet in a nearby park to see if we would want to make “Lucy” the newest member of our family. I had reservations when I found out that she was a pitt bull mix, but we decided to go ahead and meet her anyway. When we found out that Lucy didn’t have a leash, I almost offered up Razor’s, but I didn’t listen to my gut. So Lucy was freed from the car and leashless while Razor was leashed. Lucy and Razor had one neutral sniff of each other before Lucy decided she would try to attack Razor. And since Razor was leashed she had trouble getting away. Finally I put myself between Lucy and Razor until Lucy’s foster mom grabbed her collar. Marty scooped up Razor and took her to safety in our car. It was pretty clear to me that there was no way we could adopt Lucy. Still hoping there was a chance with us, Lucy’s foster mom said, “Is that normally how dogs are when they meet each other?” I wanted to laugh and say, “Only if one of the dogs is psycho!” I think I’m grounded from responding to random craigslist ads about dogs—at least for awhile. Maybe I should just look for kittens!

p.s.--this picture is of Razor and her best friend/girlfriend Cappy. Cappy lives in Minnesota.

2 comments:

Taffy said...

A few months ago I had a chance to get a free puppy. When I found out the puppy was a pitt bull mix I declined. I'm glad I did.

B said...

That is one cute picture of Razor and Cappy! I'm glad you declined the psycho dog!