On the shelf behind my toilet I have lots of yummy smelling body lotions and perfumes. The basket is overflowing--Creamy Coconut, Fresh Vanilla, Love Spell, Ralph, Cool Water for women, Endless Love, Aqua di Gio for women, Fresh Waterfall Mist. I try to be sure not to overdo it when I wear any of them--I prefer to be subltly scented rather than overbearing.
Sadly, most of the time lately I need to remain unscented. Why? My office mate is allergic. On my second day of work, after a bout of sneezing, she confided, "I might as well tell you now, I'm allergic to your laundry detergent."
I wondered, how am I obligated to respond to this information? Do I need to immediately change detergents even though I just bought a large box? Or should I stop laundering my clothes altogether? Fortunately I didn't need to go to those extremes, I just needed to stop wearing perfumes and scented lotions.
So now most of the time my wonderful, yummy scents sit unused in their basket. And I am really glad that it was a much easier thing to fix than relaundering all of my clothing, but I miss smelling pretty.
7 comments:
Ralph scent...after reading Shane's post that doesn't seem like such a great smell that I would want people to smell on me.
True, that is an unfortunate name. But in my opinion, it smells much better than vomit. It does surprise me a bit that no one at Ralph Lauren considered anything wrong with having a perfume named "Ralph".
I'm sorry you don't get to wear your yummy scents anymore, but I'd consider stopping the laundry anyway. But maybe that's just because I hate doing laundry so much.
You could always snort them :)
Michael
At least you can still smell nice when you go on all those hot dates with your man!
Does your office-mate take any allergy meds? I for one have been dismayed in the past few years to discover that I am now allergic to some of my most favorite scented lotions :( But I also take allergy meds to combat the unfortunate symptoms. I totally understand the misery of being in a situation like your office-mate, but I would also think she(he?) could pop a Claritan or something. I don't mean to offend! Am I being to insensitive?
Having been on both sides of the "scents" issue I can understand loving the wonderful perfumes and lotions and wanting to have that little bit of subtle scent. I love perfumes.I loved wearing them. and smelling them. Then life brought about some changes and I am no longer able to wear or be around them much. It is just that I also love to breathe. I could handle some sneezes or runny eyes but the effect they can have on my lungs is not good. Aunt Betty
Post a Comment