Yesterday evening I noticed that Mama Bird was not on her nest, so I thought I'd check on the progress of the eggs. This is what I found. I looked again today and it looks like the others have hatched as well. It's pretty fun. Froga-lee asked what kind of birds they are, but I'm afraid I don't know. They are kind of small and brown. For all of the biology classes I've taken, I've never taken any specifically on ornithology. (Does anyone else who was here and saw them know better than I do?)
4 comments:
Cheep cheep cheep! That bird looks hungry. Maybe you should chew up some worms for it. Remember when we used to make hungry baby bird sounds when someone else had a food that we wanted some of?
The only small brown birds that readily come to mind to me are the wren. Of course, I wasn't there and didn't see the bird(s) in question but that would be my guess just based on where you live. I'm curious to know now too. d
Ree, I don't know what you mean by this "used to" business. Those baby bird sounds are hitting the second generation in this household. They still make me laugh.
You have a House Finch living in your plant. I am 99.9% sure. I watched them a lot when we were there. They match the discription perfect from my bird book.
New life is always fun to watch. Have fun with your birds.
Post a Comment