Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A Few Lists

Things I'm Grateful for Today:

1. I'm grateful for morphine to take away Marty's physical pain.
2. I'm grateful that the doctor decided that we could go ahead with the power of attorney paperwork and that I now have that taken care of.
3. I'm grateful for a nice and understanding boss.


Things I miss about Marty:

1. I miss phone calls or emails from Marty during the day at work.
2. I miss carpooling together.
3. I miss deciding on dinner and making it together.
4. I miss watching Wheel of Fortune together.
5. I miss family walks around the lake.
6. I miss getting talked into going to get ice cream at 10pm.


Things I still enjoy on a regular basis:

1. Looking into Marty's beautiful blue eyes.
2. Being wrapped up in Marty's arms.
3. Running my fingers through Marty's hair.
4. Exchanging three squeezes.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how we love both of you!!!!!

We pray for both of you many times a day.

Remember to thank Father and ask for His help as you face each new challenge and walk into unkown territory. Please know also that you have a huge circle of family and friends to help and sustain you as you go forward in faith.

Good things will come out of this adversity.

Love, Daddy-A

Anonymous said...

Hi Peanut,

I'm so glad to see your post! I was hoping the reason I have not heard from you in a while was because things have been going really well and you have been busy. Woo hoo! You and Marty are on MY list of things to be grateful and happy for today.

Miss you and thinking of you always,

Christina

Ree said...

Does this mean that Caroline, John and Sue have not been talking you into trips for ice cream at 10pm? I can't believe it!

Keep counting those blessings. Before you know it, you'll be watching Wheel of Fortune together again.

Still loving and praying for you.

Taffy said...

"A bunch of love. A bunch of love. A bunch of love, Weeeeee!"

Peanut said...

AM--When Caroline was here we were so proud of ourselves because we went to the store for ice cream and got home with 3 different containers. A few nights later friends from the ward brought us another kind. And when John and Sue went shopping yesterday they came home with another. We have no shortage of ice cream here!

Boss said...

I'm grateful for you, Sonnet. Your faith and strength are an inspiration. I'm also grateful for Marty's continued improvement. And for your boss and the doctors and everyone else who's there to help you. And for ice cream.

Does Marty's room have a TV? A DVD player? I'll put the Coach to work tracking down some Wheel of Fortune episodes that you can watch while wrapped up in Marty's arms.

I love you!

MMA Lady said...

I'm so glad there's things for you to be thankful for, and I'm praying that the things you miss will come back to you soon. Thanks for your posts, Sonnet. We're praying for you often.

Anonymous said...

The gift of marriage is so wonderful. To find that special someone to share all your favorite things together. My number one love language is Quality Time. Sharing and spending time with someone is the best. Its been so fun to see how my husband has become my best friend. Hearing about the things that are special to you two is great. Keep loving and smiling
jamie