Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Sibling Silly Poll

The results of the sibling poll are in. Eight of nine believe that Dad is sillier than Mom, and 1 thinks Mom is sillier than Dad. As the results were being acquired, Dad was most often the one claiming that the individual conducting the poll was biasing the answers. But you should have heard the fuss that Mom made when her single vote came in! :)

The question also arose—who do our spouses think is sillier?

So, let’s continue this discussion. Friends, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc., are your parents silly? Who is sillier? Any other thoughts on silliness?

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the silliest one of all?

16 comments:

B said...

From the unbiased position of niece I have to agree with the majority vote: Daddy-A is sillier than sph-2. I think the same goes for my parents: Daddy-O is sillier than sph-1. Not that the ladies aren't fun, funny, or even silly at times...maybe the dads are just goofier?!
I'll be keeping an eye on this to see where it goes!)

Daisy said...

Who thinks Mom is sillier? It seems that her confidence was not unwarranted. :)

Boss said...

I'm with Sue! Who was the outlier?

Not it!

Harvey said...

I said that the person who suggested asking us which parent was sillier was the silliest.

But the funniest thing is that Mom bet that we'd *all* say dad was sillier - so she lost the bet.

MMA Lady said...

In my family growing up, my brother Anthony was the silliest. Once he dressed up as a Christmas tree for Halloween. He had a green body-suit thing and a green clown-wig and he put lights all around himself and stood on a table and posed like a tree with the lights all a-twinkle. Now if that's not silly, I don't know what is. Among my kids, I don't know who is the silliest. They are all funny and crazy. As for Scott and me, I couldn't tell you. We're both very silly.

Ree said...

Not it! Was it Harvey?

What was the wager of this bet which mom barely lost?

Mark said...

I told John I could think of more times that Dad had been silly to the point that he was unable to talk, whereas I could not think of Mom ever being in such a state of giddy convulsiveness.

John said...

Whoever said that Mom is sillier is wrong. They obviously don't know what they're talking about when the rest of the kids all agree. Did anyone do a chi-square analysis to see if 8 out of 9 is significantly all? I think it's pretty close.

Anonymous said...

A chi-square analysis is NOT NEEDED. The poll was biased by the poll taker: SPH-2 IS THE SILLIEST!!!! SO THERE!!! NEENER!!!
Love, Anonymous.

B said...

Who's Harvey?

Peanut said...

B, check out the new blogs in the family links portion of the sidebar. Harvey=10.2

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was Harvey. The person who suggested asking us was sph-2.

And Dad - its spelled 'Daddy-A', not Anonymous.

Boss said...

Amy-- I didn't realize Anthony was so silly! (I would have guessed Matt.) I love that Christmas tree story. I bet one of your kids will soon pull to the front as the silliest.

Which brings me to my next question: If Daddy-A is the silliest parent (unidentified *cough*Harvey*cough* outlier not withstanding), who is the silliest Henrichsen-A kid?

PS: Anonymous -- The use of the word "NEENER" counteracts any claims as to the non-silliness of the author.

Daisy said...

A certain sph-2 also brought to attention the fact that she was not in fact responsible for the poll. Apparently polling the children was really Sonnet's idea. Does that change Harvey's vote?
Either way, there sure is plenty of silliness around here.

Peanut said...

Here, here! Before we start blaming the whole thing on me... Mom and Dad were discussing who was silliest. Mom challenged that if their children were asked who was sillier, the result would be unanimous that Dad is the silliest. It was only at that point that I took it upon myself to ask my siblings. As for the actual call to Harvey...Harvey was the only sibling who hadn't been polled. Dad, hoping that Harvey would be his man, insisted that I make that call right then.

Trick said...

Do you guys know you're so silly that there are rumours about this silly blog and I had to check it out while I was online today? You crack me up.