Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Hooding

Saturday was my graduation ceremony. I didn't make it. But Christie Sue and John posted a banner in my apartment proclaiming "Congratulations Dr. Sonnet!" Later that day Marty's mom asked if they had also hooded me. I joked, "If hooding me means they put a pillowcase over my head and then punched me, yes. They did."

ps. They didn't really do that.

10 comments:

Ree said...

Congratulations Dr. Sonnet! I'm sorry you couldn't make it to MN to wear your graduation garb. I am very proud to have a little sister with a PhD.

Crazy Horse Lady said...

How'd you know they started a new Mayo tradition?!? It wasn't so much punching though as it was beating with a stick. :P

B said...

Congratulations Dr. Snot-it!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Dr. Sonnet! We love you. Hugs and Kisses. Daddy-A

Coach said...

Congrats!!! Would have been fun to see you be hooded (or participate...), but we're just glad and proud

Daisy said...

Oops, were we supposed to get a Sonnet pinata instead? I guess that would have been fun, too.

Taffy said...

I'm so proud of your accomplishments Sonnet! You are (and always have been) one of my most favoritest people. I'm sorry you didn't get to go to your graduation, but I still think you're awesome! Plus, I'm glad you still get to be a Dr. even if you skip out on your graduation. Love-ya

MMA Lady said...

Congratulations, Sonnet!!!!

CAROLIONESS said...

Congratulations Doctor! Oh, I have a question. What should I do about this strange ache in my pinky, Doctor? There's some red stuff that won't stop coming out of it. Does this mean I can't become a professional pinky sword fighter? (Please don't crush me dreams!?!)

Anonymous said...

Who's the coolest?! Dr. Sonnet- CONGRATULATIONS. We are ALL so proud of you!